Water Conservation - Additional Resources
Additional Resources for Conserving Water
For additional information on conserving water, please visit the following websites:
- California’s Water Crisis, A Public Education Program: A statewide progran entitled “California’s Water:
A Crisis We Can’t Ignore,” to educate Californians about critical challenges now confronting our water supply and delivery system. www.calwatercrisis.org
- California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA): Tips regarding how you can save water in your landscape, reduce your outdoor water use, and save money in the process.
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR): The mission of the Department of Water Resources is to manage the water resources of California in cooperation with other agencies, to benefit the State’s people, and to protect, restore, and enhance the natural and human environments.
- Save Our Water Program, California’s Water Conservation Resource: A statewide public education program to encourage Californians to reduce daily water usage. This site includes consumer-oriented information and tools, as well as practical tips, for reducing water use indoors and outdoors. www.saveourh2o.org
- State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board): The State Board’s mission is to preserve, enhance, and restore the quality of California’s water resources, and ensure their proper allocation and efficient use for the benefit of present and future generations. www.swrcb.ca.gov
- Water Saver Home: Developed by the California Urban Water Conservation Council regarding the efficient use of water in urban areas. www.h2ouse.org
- Water, Use it Wisely: The Water—Use It Wisely conservation campaign makes smart water-use fun, easy, and practical for everyone no matter where you need to get the water word out – business, home, classroom, or municipality – this campaign has developed a variety of ways to use WUIW as a tool to help spread your own unique water conservation message. www.wateruseitwisely.com