Commission or Committee Vacancies
If you are a Grover Beach resident interested in serving as a volunteer on a City Commission or Committee, we encourage you to apply. Applications are accepted throughout the year. Residents with applications on file within the past 12-month period will be contacted in the event interviews are being scheduled to fill a vacancy or vacancies.
When a vacancy occurs or a term is going to expire, a notice of vacancy for a City Commission or Committee is advertised in the following locations:
Notice of Commission / Committee Vacancies
- City website
- Local newspapers (Press Releases)
- Government Cable Access Channel 20
- City bulletin boards
- Maddy Act Notice - Scheduled vacancies for the calendar year.
- Citizen Oversight Committee (Half-Percent Sales Tax Measure X-06) - Three (3) seats are currently vacant: One (1) seat is for an unscheduled vacancy (term of office scheduled to expire on January 15, 2016). Two (2) seats are unfilled vacancies (terms of office are scheduled to expire on January 15, 2018).
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC) - One (1) seat is currently vacant. The committee is advisory to the San Luis Obispo Council of Governments (SLOCOG), a regional transportation planning agency for the County of San Luis Obispo.
- Planning Commission - Two (2) seats are open with the expiration of two Commission terms as of May 31, 2016 and May 31, 2017.
For more information, please contact the City Clerk's office at (805) 473-4568 or send an email to the City Clerk.