Gregory A. Ray, P.E.
Public Works Director / City Engineer
154 South 8th Street
Ph: (805) 473-4530
Fax: (805) 489-9657
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(Except for legal holidays
The Public Works Department is dedicated to providing quality infrastructure that enhances economic growth and civic vitality. Core department responsibilities include:
- Engineering – Designing and supervising all capital improvements projects, traffic engineering projects, subdivision reviews, parcel maps, and site plans for conformance with applicable laws and standards
- Corporation Yard - Providing a full-service garage, and work / storage facilities for the maintenance of all city vehicles and equipment
- Facility Maintenance - Providing overall maintenance of city-owned buildings and parks
- Street Maintenance - Providing maintenance, repair, and reconstruction of streets, curbs, gutters, and sidewalks
- Utility Operations – Operating, maintaining, cleaning, and repairing the city’s water, sanitary sewer and stormwater systems