- Community Development
- Economic Development
Starting a Business
Grover Beach is an ideal location for a full range of business opportunities. To help you get started, the City has prepared an informational brochure Grover Beach at a Glance (PDF), as well as provided some general information to guide you through the process of reviewing zoning requirements and obtaining a business tax certificate.
Strategy for Economic Development
Economic development has been, and continues to be, a top priority in Grover Beach.
- In 2004, the Visioning Project (PDF) set benchmarks for the City's growth, investment, and viability. The resulting
Consenus Vision (PDF) (or "Vision Map") provides a framework for how our residents and stakeholders believe the community should change over time. Particular areas of emphasis focus on the West Grand Avenue corridor, downtown, and the waterfront area.
- In 2008, an Economic Development Strategy (PDF) was adopted to target resources on initiatives that would promote the economic health and vitality of our community.
- In 2010, a Technology Master Plan (PDF) was prepared to assess and identify technology opportunities, make recommendations for improving technology access citywide, and accomplish economic revitalization.
- In 2011, the West Grand Avenue Master Plan (PDF) was adopted to establish design guidelines for the revitalization of our main street into a vibrant, economically sound, and pedestrian-oriented corridor.
- In 2011, a Transit Station Expansion Project: Draft Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration (PDF) was completed for a proposed project to expand the existing Amtrak train station located at 180 West Grand Avenue, Grover Beach, to incorporate bus passenger loading/unloading areas and provide pedestrian and bicycle connections, creating a multi-modal transit center.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact the Community Development Department at (805) 473-4520.
Navigate Quickly & Easily
City Help Center